Thursday, April 16, 2009

BARGAIN MEAL OF THE WEEK

Good morning! Wow, it is a beautiful day in Milwaukee, the sun is actually shining, I was starting to worry that I may never see it again.

I recently voluntered to be a contributor to the Bargain Meal of the Week. For anyone who may not know what that is, I will explain. There is a blog called 5 Dollar Dinners hosted by a really nice woman named Erin, who challenges herself and others to feed their family of 4, healthy dinners for $5 a day. Every week people (like me!) post a dinner idea/recipe that features items from their local grocery stores sale ad. The dinners need to be around $5 for 4 people. My goal will be to post recipes that are healthy, tasty, simple and hopefully give you (and myself) a variety. Taco's, spaghetti and hamburgers are great, but there has to be more to life then just those go-to recipes. My recipes will be centered around my local Pick 'n Save grocery store, I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and this is where I shop. If you shop at P 'n S then these recipes will hopefully give you something economical to try each week, if you do not shop at P 'n S then maybe you will just enjoy adding some new recipes to your weekly meals. I will usually do my own recipes, however, Erin allows recipes to be posted from anyone. Some of my favorite recipes come from Rachael Ray and Better Homes and Gardens, I may use some of their ideas. I will have a new recipe posted every Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment